We ensure business continuity
INFORMATION FOR CREODIAS USERS IN A COVID-19 PANDEMIC SITUATION
For CloudFerro that is the operator of Creodias platform, maintaining the highest quality of customer service is a priority. We are committed to operate in a responsible manner, without exposing our employees, partners and clients to risk. We monitor the current situation on an ongoing basis and adjust our actions if necessary, but at the same time we provide uninterrupted services to our customers.
Plan to ensure the continuity of operations (BCP) in times of crisis
CloudFerro is maintaining Business Continuity Plan within ISO 27001 ISMS. Key assumptions of BCP cover:
- Technical means for services continuity
- Technical / operational means for day-to-day remote personnel communication
- Organizational means for maintaining the continuity of the decision chain
Actions taken in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic
The Covid-19 situation required implementation of a few steps, adaptive approach, in-line with the development of Coronavirus crisis.
- We implemented the first steps on the February 26, including internal communication to employees informing about the threat of Covid-19 and obliging them to comply with the regulations of the National Sanitary Chamber. All our employees have been informed to take any precautionary measures that are recommended by local authorities to make sure they don’t put themselves, their families, our Partners and Customers at any risk.
- In the next step we moved most of our employees to fully remote work mode, while ensuring all customer operations are going smoothly.
- We restricted any travels and are using digital way of communication.
- We introduced separation of teams to maintain operational capability in case of illness in one of the teams.
- We practice employee substitution: we have trained employees, who can take over others duties in case of their unavailability.
- We cooperate closely with our partners and subcontractors, monitoring the current situation to mitigate possible risk.
Contact our customer support
If you have any query regarding the impact of a pandemic on Creodias services, please contact our customer support: email@example.com.
New GPU configurations
We are pleased to inform that two new configurations containing GPUs have been introduced to our standard offer and new dedicated family of GPU virtual machines has been created. New configurations are the answer to a growing demand for GPU processing.
- ds.3xlarge.4gpu is a VM on a Dedicated Server (DS.VM) equipped with four GeForce 2080 TI graphics cards, 496 GB RAM, 48 Vcore's and two, fast NVMe disks with a capacity of 1920 GB and low access times granting high performance.
- gpu.medium is a Virtual Machine (VM) equipped with one GeForce 2080 Ti graphics card, 118 GB RAM and fast SSD network storage
Due to high interest, in the first days of sales these configurations are available only in orders processed through the sales department: firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also create custom configurations containing 1, 2, 4, 8 or 10 graphics cards in one DS server.
GPU SERVERS AVAILABLE ON THE PLATFORM
Graphics Processing Units (GPU) are recently the biggest source of increse in computing power. They were developed as a specialized tool for processing of images mainly in gaming. But currently they are applied in a growing number of CPU heavy applications: not only related to image processing but also to artificial intelligence (AI), deep learning and others.
In the Earth Observation domain (EO), graphics processors are used, among others for radar interferometry. Currently, software development is focused on gaining more and more benefits from the use of calculation accelerators. We install graphic processors in Virtual Machines on a Dedicated Server (DS). These are virtual cloud machines that fill a full physical server that cannot contain any other virtual machines. These physical machines are additionally equipped with one or many GPU cards to which the user gets access through the "passsthrough" mechanism. Thanks to this, the hypervisor overhead for computational operations is virtually eliminated. In addition, these machines are equipped with very fast NVMe storage enabling appropriate supply of the system with data for calculations.
HIGH RESOLUTION SATELLITE IMAGERY
We are proud to announce the availability of very high resolution (VHR) images. CloudFerro has established a partnership with a Chinese satellite operator, CG Satellite, which owns the Jilin-1 constellation.
From now on, every customer can take advantage of the ordering option such as:
- Archive images (available from 2016)
- New tasked images (possibility to plan and determine conditions)
- Video imagery (30s / 60s of 4K videos)
- Night-time (Luminous) images.
Products are available in spatial resolution:
- Panachromatic - 0.72 m
- Multispectral - 2.88 m
- Video - 0.92 m
All available information on our data sets including Jilin-1 can be found in Commercial optic data offer section on our platform.
For more information and the potential of the Jiliin-1 constellation please visit this documentation.
See the video recorded directly from one of the satellites.
From today you have the possibility to order it for your project.
If you have any questions about VHR images or would like to order, please contact our sales department: email@example.com.
Overview of one Multispectral image taken from Jilin-1 Satellite
Sen4CAP on CREODIAS
To meet the needs of modern agriculture and the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) of the European Union, we have implemented a solution that was created for ESA (European Space Agency) by CS ROMANIA.
Sen4CAP software is available as open-source freeware and is very well suited to work in cloud-computing environment. On our platform we have developed an image of the virtual machine on which we have installed, configured and customized Sen4CAP software. Once this image is installed on a CREODIAS virtual machine, any user can run Sen4CAP software using both direct access to the complete Copernicus Sentinel satellite data repository and the dynamically scalable processing capabilities of the CREODIAS cloud computing environment.
Ready-to-use virtual machine has configured and connected EO data collections, which are required by the software:
- SRTM (DEM) and SWBD (Water Body) data were also integrated.
Our solution is ready as SaaS (Software as a Service) and does not require the user to install everything from scratch. Sen4CAP on CREODIAS saves time on configuring the VM environment, preparing the software and gathering the data collections needed for processing.
If you want to take agricultural monitoring to a higher level using our solution, please contact our sales department for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An explanation of how to use our service is provided in the FAQ section.
SATELLITE IMAGERY FOR CROP YIELD MONITORING
CREODIAS platform supported Spanish Paying Agencies (PAs) for crop yield monitoring. PAs have been established by EU Member States to control Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) support measures. The new concept of CAP monitoring is to replace the current, sample based OTSC activity with a full country assessment based on frequent high-resolution imagery from the Sentinel-1 and -2 sensors and appropriate follow up measures.
CREODIAS has provided continuous production of CARD (Copernicus Analysis Ready Data) based on Sentinel imagery for whole area of Spain as well as computing and storage resources to enable processing of CARD and LPIS data.
The project has proven that the CREODIAS platform is fully capable of performing such complex analysis as those used by CAP monitoring and is ready to support all member states in their tasks. All services used by the project including on-demand products generation are currently production services available to all users and can be easily incorporated into existing or newly developed processing chains by the agencies or the agricultural analysis solution providers.
For more information see the video
Video was prepared by the Paying Agency of Murcia and the IMIDA - Instituto Murciano de Investigación y Desarrollo Agrario y Alimentario (Research Institute). It depicts its experience in monitoring an important area of rice crop using the service provided by the CREODIAS platform.