- What is CREODIAS?
- Computing & Cloud
- Data & Processing
- Pricing Plans
- Fight with COVID-19
- Examples of usage
- Enabling AI / ML workflows with CREODIAS vGPUs
- Satellite remote sensing analyses of the forest
- Satellite-based Urban Heat Island Mapping on CREODIAS
- Old but gold - historical EO data immediately available and widely used on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for emergency fire management
- AgroTech project as an example of how CREODIAS can be used for food and environmental research
- Monitoring Air Quality of Germany in Pre vs During COVID Lockdown Period
- Common Agricultural Policy monitoring with Earth Observation
- Applications of CREODIAS data
- Meteorological data usage on the CREODIAS platform
- Building added value under Horizon Europe with CREODIAS
- CREODIAS: Introduction to SAR Sentinel-1 data
- Land subsidence and landslides monitoring based on satellite data
- Satellite imagery in support of the Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) and crop statistics
- Useful tools for data processing, available on CREODIAS platform
- CREODIAS for hydrological drought modelling
- CREODIAS for managing Urban Heat Islands
- CREODIAS for Digitising Green Spaces
- CREODIAS for Air Quality
- Advanced data processors on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for your application
- Solutions for agriculture with CREODIAS
- Earth Observation data for Emergency response
- Security Applications with Satellite Data
- Climate Monitoring with Satellite Data
- Water Analysis on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for land and agriculture monitoring
- Solutions for atmospheric analysis
- Example of tool usage
- Processing EO Data and Serving www services
- Processing and Storing EO
- Embedding OGC WMS Services into Your website
- GPU Use Case
- Using the EO Browser
- EO Data Finder API Manual
- Use of SNAP and QGIS on a CREODIAS Virtual Machine
- Use of WMS Configurator
- DNS as a Service - user documentation
- Use of Sinergise Sentinel Hub on the CREODIAS EO Data Hub
- Load Balancer as a Service
- Jupyter Hub
- Use of CREODIAS Finder for ordering data
- ESRI ArcGIS on CREODIAS
- Use of CEMS data through CREODIAS
- Searching, processing and analysis of Sentinel-5P data on CREODIAS
- ASAR data available on CREODIAS
- Satellite remote sensing analyses of the forest
- Public Reporting Dashboards
- Sentinel Hub Documentation
- Integration Guides
- OGC API
- Custom Processing Scripts
- Legal Matters
- Partner Services
- About Us
Data & Processing
Sen4CAP as a Service on CREODIAS
Designed to fulfill the needs of agricultural paying agencies and all national and European stakeholders of the CAP Policy, Sen4CAP can be beneficiary for everyone interested in monitoring environmental changes and agricultural activities.
The Sen4CAPaaS solutions takes full advantage of Sen4CAP and the EO Cloud infrastructure.
- The system comes ready to use as prepared VM images
- It is available on subscription bases as a full-managed package including EODATA, managed cloud services and expert premium support.
- Users can directly access a complete repository of satellite data while harnessing the processing capabilities of the computing cloud. This significantly accelerates the processing and allows the usage of multiple datasets also back in time.
The managed cloud services support fully operational workflows including backup strategies and parallel instances for testing of new software versions and variations of parameter settings.
Users can select on the EO Cloud an already prepared Virtual Machine (VM) image on which the latest stable Sen4CAP software is installed and checked.
The VM is configured and ready-to-use. It not only includes Sen4CAP, but it is also equipped with all additional software components required for Sen4CAP (e.g. PostgreSQL Database and the MAJA processor) execution. Furthermore, it is connected with all EO data collections, which are needed by the Sen4CAP:
- Different DEMs and SWBD (Water Body) data were also integrated
Once logged into the VM, the user can immediately run the Sen4CAP software and benefits from both the direct access to the comprehensive Copernicus Sentinel satellite data repository and the dynamically scalable processing opportunities of the CREODIAS cloud computing environment. The VM with Sen4CAP can be accessed e.g. through web browser or Remote Desktop using X2Go Client.
To select the size (virtual machine flavor and storage) of infrastructure for the area you want to monitor, contact our sales department firstname.lastname@example.org. Sample offers with recommended size of cloud environment is available here.
Check by monitoring for CAP
The European Union aims with CAP (Common Agricultural Policy) at a continuous improvement of a sustainable and growing European agricultural productivity while ensuring a decent standard of living of big and small farmers within the EU.
The Check by Monitoring is an important CAP instrument to supporting this policy. However, it is a challenge to get the required information in time and with the required reliability and timeliness:
- Big areas need to be checked
- Standard methods with in-situ inspection are expensive and time-consuming and can cover only a small percentage of the total of agricultural parcels
Remote sensing has become an established technology to address these challenges, recommended by European Court of Auditors. Especially the European Copernicus Programme with Sentinel satellites together with the dedicated open-source application Sen4CAP form a unique solution to support European and national CAP stakeholders.
Sen4CAP uses high resolution satellite images from the Copernicus programme to regularly monitor individual fields and large areas at the same time. It is an end-to-end processing and analysis pipeline which gives users access to validated algorithms, products, workflows and best practices for agriculture monitoring. Sen4CAP follows a modern and modular approach and thus offers to its users the possibility to rapidly establish further high level products tailored to regional needs.
The Sen4CAP system consist of a Earth Observation (EO) processing system linked with a visualization tool. It is open-source, allowing any user to generate, at his own premises and in an operational way, products tailored to his needs. The Sen4CAP EO operational system is a standalone processing chain which generates a set of products for agriculture monitoring from Sentinel-2 (S2) L1C, Sentinel 1 (S1) Single Look Complex (SLC) and Landsat 8 (L8) L1T time series. These agriculture monitoring products consist of:
- cultivated crop type maps, generated several times during the agricultural season and delivered 10 days after the end of the acquisition period;
- biophysical vegetation status indicators consisting of Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI), Leaf Area Index (LAI), Fraction-Absorbed Photosynthetically Active Radiation (fAPAR) and the Fraction of Vegetation Cover (FCover) describing the vegetative development of crops;
- grassland mowing product, generated at regular intervals during the agricultural season and delivered 5 days after the acquisition of the last image of the interval;
- agricultural practices monitoring product, generated at regular intervals during the agricultural season (with a main time step at the end of the period of required compliancy according to the national Ecological Focus Area (EFA) definition) and delivered 5 days after the acquisition of the last image of the interval and one month after the end of this required compliancy period.
The Sen4CAP EO system is composed of a set of independent processing modules orchestrated by a data-driven approach. These modules are composed by a set of tools which can be re-used into other systems. The logical data flow and the main interfaces of the Sen4CAP operational system is provided in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Operational workflow Sen4CAP system