Sentinel-2: Resolution Enhancer (s2enh)
The products of the Copernicus satellites over the past years have contributed to many projects that have resulted in a significant improvement in the standard of living and have developed a trend in the demand for satellite data.
Sentinel-2 satellite images, or more precisely their resolution, have not always proved to be 100% sufficient for projects that required greater precision. By leveraging technology based on the latest capabilities such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, as well as experience with satellite imagery, a solution has been achieved.
The combination resulted in a hybrid solution, which allows for object enhancement in images for 8 spectral channels with simultaneous preservation of radiometric quality, which is essential for example in natural environment analysis.
- The ability to identify buildings,
- Clear boundaries between fields,
- Increased precision of environmental analyses,
- Ability to automate analysis of smaller objects e.g. narrow agricultural plots, roads.
- Billing for processing per square kilometer,
- Only the size of the area of interest is calculated and not the whole Sentinel tile,
- It is possible to process a small area continuously based on the Sentinel time series,
- No minimum area order size/value as with commercial satellites