- What is CREODIAS?
- Computing & Cloud
- Data & Processing
- Pricing Plans
- Fight with COVID-19
- Examples of usage
- Utility of CREODIAS data
- CREODIAS for your application
- Solutions for agriculture with CREODIAS
- Earth Observation data for Emergency response
- Security Applications with Satellite Data
- Climate Monitoring with Satellite Data
- Water Analysis on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for land and agriculture monitoring
- Solutions for atmospheric analysis
- Example of tool usage
- Processing EO Data and Serving www services
- Processing and Storing EO
- Embedding OGC WMS Services into Your website
- GPU Use Case
- Using the EO Browser
- EO Data Finder API Manual
- Use of SNAP and QGIS on a CREODIAS Virtual Machine
- Use of WMS Configurator
- DNS as a Service - user documentation
- Use of Sinergise Sentinel Hub on the CREODIAS EO Data Hub
- Load Balancer as a Service
- Jupyter Hub
- Use of CREODIAS Finder for ordering data
- ESRI ArcGIS on CREODIAS
- Use of CEMS data through CREODIAS
- Searching, processing and analysis of Sentinel-5P data on CREODIAS
- ASAR data available on CREODIAS
- Public Reporting Dashboards
- Sentinel Hub Documentation
- Integration Guides
- OGC API
- Custom Processing Scripts
- Legal Matters
- Partner Services
- About Us
Your Processing Environment
Use of Sentinel WMS Configurator
WMS configurator service
WMS service is available for Creodias users. It is capable of creating customized, multi-layered WMSs, based on any satellite imagery currently stored in Creodias repository.
Obtaining WMS configurator credentials
In order to obtain credentials for Sentinel Hub WMS configurator, contact Creodias support team via creating a ticket, in your home Account Area. Go to: https://portal.creodias.eu/clientarea.php, select “Open Ticket” on the middle column in the first row, t, then choose support department, as your desired contact point. At this phase, you should be able to write and submit your ticket, as depicted below.
Upon submission of the ticket, as soon as possible, you will receive an email containing your login and password.
First log in to WMS configurator
Using received credentials you can log in to WMS configurator. Go to the aforementioned website (link:http://apps.eocloud.sentinel-hub.com/wms-configurator/), you will see the logging page as shown below.
WMS logging page
It is highly recommended, to change your password after the first login. In order to do it, select a second icon in the top right corner of the page, it is described as “change password”. You should see the menu allowing you to alter your password.
First WMS instance.
Now, you can proceed to create your first WMS instance. To do it, select “plus” icon in the left column of the page. You should be able to name your new instance as shown below.
Picture 4 - Creating your first instance
It is possible to base your new instance on already existing ones, yours and pre-defined ones. Basing new instance on others results with transferring existing layers’ configuration to the new instance. A useful feature, when you are interested in, for example, creating WMS from Sentinel-2 image. Upon selecting a desired reference instance, set of pre-configured layers is loaded onto the new one.
However, if you choose not to base your instance on existing ones, you are able to configure new layers from the scratch.
First thing to do, when creating new WMS, is to set up your new instance, accordingly to your needs. It is possible form page shown hereunder.
Configuration of new instance
To choose the area you are interested in, select green “edit” button, right below “instance configuration’ label. Once it is done, a pop-up screen should appear. On this screen you can choose your desired area, as in the example below. After selecting your area of interest, confirm it with “OK’ button.
Now you are able to add and configure layers for your WMS. Page below presents an example of a layer configuration. It is possible to preview all layers, from the configurator level, to review the results of the configuration.
WMS layer configuration.
After finishing desired set up, it is possible to review it in Sentinel Playground or you can save it to your instance, copy WMS URL and use it in qGIS, Google Earth or other applications of your choice.
For more information on using the WMS configurator check Sentinel Hub YoutTube channel, where they have video-manuals with helpful commentary. Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/Sinergise