- What is CREODIAS?
- Computing & Cloud
- Data & Processing
- Pricing Plans
- Fight with COVID-19
- Examples of usage
- Utility of CREODIAS data
- Advanced data processors on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for your application
- Solutions for agriculture with CREODIAS
- Earth Observation data for Emergency response
- Security Applications with Satellite Data
- Climate Monitoring with Satellite Data
- Water Analysis on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for land and agriculture monitoring
- Solutions for atmospheric analysis
- Example of tool usage
- Processing EO Data and Serving www services
- Processing and Storing EO
- Embedding OGC WMS Services into Your website
- GPU Use Case
- Using the EO Browser
- EO Data Finder API Manual
- Use of SNAP and QGIS on a CREODIAS Virtual Machine
- Use of WMS Configurator
- DNS as a Service - user documentation
- Use of Sinergise Sentinel Hub on the CREODIAS EO Data Hub
- Load Balancer as a Service
- Jupyter Hub
- Use of CREODIAS Finder for ordering data
- ESRI ArcGIS on CREODIAS
- Use of CEMS data through CREODIAS
- Searching, processing and analysis of Sentinel-5P data on CREODIAS
- ASAR data available on CREODIAS
- Public Reporting Dashboards
- Sentinel Hub Documentation
- Integration Guides
- OGC API
- Custom Processing Scripts
- Legal Matters
- Partner Services
- About Us
Data & Processing
Sentinel-2 L2A 120m Mosaic
Sentinel-2 L2A 120m mosaic is a derived product, which contains best pixel values for 10-daily periods, modelled by removing the cloudy pixels and then performing interpolation among remaining values. As there are some parts of the world, which have lengthy cloudy periods, clouds might be remaining in some parts. The actual modelling script is available here.
Basic facts about the data:
- Source: Sentinel-2 L2A data
- Time period: 2019 (2020 planned to be added in April, previous years as well if we find the dataset useful)
- Resolution: 120m
- Available bands: B02, B03, B04, B08, B11, B12
- CRS: UTM
- Format: COG
Each file is its own object in CREODIAS S3. The data are organised per tiles using the Military grid system. The basic data format is the following:
[year]/[month]/[day]/[UTM code][latitude band]/DATA
For example, the files for individual scene are available in the following location:
2019- is the year the data was collected.
10- is the month of the year the data was collected (without leading zeros).
28- is the day at the beginning of the 10-daily period (without leading zeros).
[UTM code]= e.g.
01- grid zone designator.
latitude band= e.g.
K- latitude band are lettered C- X (omitting the letters "I" and "O").
DATA- data for each tile are organized per bands (B02.tiff, B03.tiff, etc.)
Accessing the Sentinel-2 L2A 120m mosaic dataset
If you use the AWS Command Line Interface, you can list data in the bucket with the “ls” command:
aws s3 ls s3://DIAS/auxdata/S2_L3_MOSAIC_120/ and
s3cmd ls s3://DIAS/auxdata/S2_L3_MOSAIC_120/
If you have questions about the data, please use Sentinel Hub forum
Credit: Contains modified Copernicus data [year] processed by Sentinel Hub