Back

Question: How do I add a key pair?

Threads
Previous
Toggle
Question: How do I add a key pair?
Answer
6 December 2018 4:39
I was trying to add a key pair to a project ahead of creating a small test instance, but the interface keeps responding "Error: Unable to create the key pair" when I ask it to create a new key pair, or "Unable to import key pair" when I try to upload the public key of a pair I have already generated on my side.  These errors are unfortunately not very informative as to the reason for being unable to do these things.  Is this an issue with my account settings, or does something else need to be set before keys can be added, or is this something else?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Question: How do I add a key pair?
Answer
10 December 2018 3:44 as a reply to Esther de Reus.
Hi,

Sorry for late response.
You can't create any instance if you don't have any credits on your account.
Which billing mode have you chosen?
"Per usage billing" or "Fixed term billing"
Could you list the steps, that you took while trying to order the vm?

Regards,
Marcin Gil
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Question: How do I add a key pair?
Answer
10 December 2018 8:09 as a reply to Marcin Gil.
Hi Marcin,

Thank you for your response!  I have not ordered the VM yet, as I was setting up the environment in the Dashboard before adding any VMs to it.  Since your reply answers the original question of why it does not work and if something else needed to be done before a key pair can be added, I will mark it as the accepted answer!

Coming from the Google Cloud environment, it will be a small change in workflow for us if we cannot set certain settings ahead of ordering the first VM and putting in credits, but at least now it is no longer a mystery why not.

Regards,
Esther
0 (0 Votes)