- What is CREODIAS?
- Computing & Cloud
- Data & Processing
- Pricing Plans
- Fight with COVID-19
- Examples of usage
- Land cover classification using remote sensing and AI/ML technology
- AI-based satellite image enhancer and mosaicking tools
- Monitoring air pollution using Sentinel-5P data
- Species classification of forests
- Enabling AI / ML workflows with CREODIAS vGPUs
- Satellite remote sensing analyses of the forest
- Satellite-based Urban Heat Island Mapping on CREODIAS
- Old but gold - historical EO data immediately available and widely used on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for emergency fire management
- AgroTech project as an example of how CREODIAS can be used for food and environmental research
- Monitoring Air Quality of Germany in Pre vs During COVID Lockdown Period
- Common Agricultural Policy monitoring with Earth Observation
- Applications of CREODIAS data
- Meteorological data usage on the CREODIAS platform
- Building added value under Horizon Europe with CREODIAS
- CREODIAS: Introduction to SAR Sentinel-1 data
- Land subsidence and landslides monitoring based on satellite data
- Satellite imagery in support of the Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) and crop statistics
- Useful tools for data processing, available on CREODIAS platform
- CREODIAS for hydrological drought modelling
- CREODIAS for managing Urban Heat Islands
- CREODIAS for Digitising Green Spaces
- CREODIAS for Air Quality
- Advanced data processors on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for your application
- Solutions for agriculture with CREODIAS
- Earth Observation data for Emergency response
- Security Applications with Satellite Data
- Climate Monitoring with Satellite Data
- Water Analysis on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for land and agriculture monitoring
- Solutions for atmospheric analysis
- Example of tool usage
- Processing EO Data and Serving www services
- Processing and Storing EO
- Embedding OGC WMS Services into Your website
- GPU Use Case
- Using the EO Browser
- EO Data Finder API Manual
- Use of SNAP and QGIS on a CREODIAS Virtual Machine
- Use of WMS Configurator
- DNS as a Service - user documentation
- Use of Sinergise Sentinel Hub on the CREODIAS EO Data Hub
- Load Balancer as a Service
- Jupyter Hub
- Use of CREODIAS Finder for ordering data
- ESRI ArcGIS on CREODIAS
- Use of CEMS data through CREODIAS
- Searching, processing and analysis of Sentinel-5P data on CREODIAS
- ASAR data available on CREODIAS
- Satellite remote sensing analyses of the forest
- EO Data Catalogue API Manual
- Public Reporting Dashboards
- Sentinel Hub Documentation
- Integration Guides
- OGC API
- Custom Processing Scripts
- Legal Matters
- Partner Services
- About Us
Processing Products with Data Explorer on Creodias
This article covers processing products on Creodias using Data Explorer tool.
By processing products Creodias users can obtain
- analysis-ready and
- reduced in size (compared to unprocessed) products.
What We Are Going To Cover
- How to find products ready for processing
- How to add products to workspace
- How to queue up products for processing
No. 1 Account
You need a Creodias.eu account. You can create one here if you haven't already: https://portal.creodias.eu/register.php
No. 2 Object storage with S3 access
You will need an object storage container. If you have an account on cloud, you can create such container by following this article:
No. 3 Access to Data Explorer
Logging in is explained in article How to Login to Data Explorer on Creodias
No. 4 Familiarity with processing satellite data products
Downloading a product assumes that you want to have raw images and use your own software to process them further. To the contrary, there is an option known as "processing data products" where you engage a special processor entity to do it for you.
For example, one such processor can have Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 data be preprocessed to a special Analysis-Ready Data (ARD) format. It would then allow you to carry analysis with multiple images that have been corrected for disturbances caused by either atmospheric, solar radiation or terrain effects. With Data Explorer you have both options.
To learn more about processing satellite data, visit this article:
Step 1 Finding a product ready for processing
On the data explorer website, use search engine on the left to find the product you wish to process. You need to make sure that you choose a product that has its availability marked as Immediate. You can filter out such products using the Immediate option in the Availability section of the search engine:
Step 2 Adding a product to your workspace
Workspace is a place in which you can save your favorite products.
To add products there, select all the ones you are interested in and click Add to Workspace:
You should get the following confirmation:
Click Go to Workspace.
Workspace should be opened. All the products you have added should be there.
Step 3 Queuing up your products for processing
In the My products section choose the products you wish to process and click Add to processing center.
Make sure that the status of Availability parameters is "Immediate" for all of your products.
Confirm the addition of your products to the Processing center:
Go to the Processing center:
Select the desired products to be processed and the processor you would like to use for processing.
Click Create processing order.
A form in which you will need to enter additional information will be displayed.
Provide the suitable processor configuration for desired output.
Provide the access data for your private object storage container. If you don't have one yet, follow Prerequisite No. 2.
Your order should now be in the queue for processing. You can check the processing status for your order in the Processing status tab on the left side of the Workspace panel.
What To Do Next
If you do not need to process products and only want to download them, you can check out this article:How to Download a Single Product Using Data Explorer on Creodias