How to get access to GUI on VM with OSGeoLive image?
You can get access to your GUI in two ways.
1. Using SPICE console in Horizon panel
Login to https://cf2.cloudferro.com and go to Project → Compute → Instances and select the VM you are interested in.
Open Action menu and choose "Console".
Default user for OSGeoLive image is "eouser" (EO User). Select the password field and press enter twice.
Then set a new password.
After logging in you will gain access to the GUI.
2. Using program for remote control
To access the GUI you can use a remote access program such as x2go.
You can read more about how to use GUI in VM with Linux here.
In the current OSGeoLive image the x2go server is already installed so all you have to do is install the x2go client on your side.
sudo apt-get install x2goclient
Run x2go by command:
then chose form top menu Session → New session ...
Complete the field with the necessary data:
- Host - floating IP of the virtual machine,
- Login - eouser (account allowed for ssh connection),
- SSH port - 22 (by default),
- Use RSA/DSA key for ssh connection - put your ssh private key,
- Session type - chose Custom desktop
and type in Command field: /usr/bin/lxsession -s Lubuntu -e LXDE
Go to Input/Output tab and Display if you want to change dispaly mode.
Click "OK", if all fields have been typed correctly you should see a tile with information about the newly created session.
Click on the tile.
After starting the session, you will gain visible acces to your virtual machine.