How to fix hard disk space issue in VMs with Windows?
While running VM with hard drive space bigger than 100 GB, users may experience situation, in which only some part of space is allocated to emulate disk.
User could fix it by running a small bat file from Console cmd.exe (Command Line runned with Elevated admin rights) or manually from graphic interface. Both metods are descibed below.
Fast Command Line Option:
1. Create new empty document in example in Notepad.exe
2. Paste into it:
echo List Disk
echo Select Disk 0
echo List Partition
echo Select Partition 1
) | diskpart
3. Save it as *.bat or *.cmd file
4. RightClick on newly created file and select "Run As Administrator"
5. New CMD window will be opened with final statement of the operation: Done or Failed.
6. CMD window could be closed. If operation failed, please try second method below.
To fix it, find Windows Administrative Tools in Windows Menu,
Choose "Computer Management",
And then "Disk Management" tab. A visual chart of allocated space will appear.
To increase space on existing volume, simply right-click C: drive and "Extend Volume".
Select desired size and click Next, confirm whole operation by clicking "Finish".
To make a new partition, right-click on the "Unallocated" box and choose "New Simple Volume..."
Specify new volume size.
Assign drive letter by selecting from the list.
After that, format parition in desired file system.
Accept selected options by clicking "Next" and "Finish".