Available tools on OSGeoLive Image
If you want to access OSGeoLive, please follow this link:
How to get access to GUI on VM with OSGeoLive image?
1. OSGeoLive 13.0 Contents
- Desktop GIS
- Browser Facing GIS
- Web Services
- Data Stores
- Navigation and Maps
- Spatial Tools
- Domain Specific GIS
- Geospatial Libraries
- Geospatial Standards
- Available in prior OSGeo-Live releases
Additionaly, our OSGeoLive image contains other preinstalled software, helpful with processing of EO-Data:
- ESA SNAP Desktop version 8.0.0 with all toolboxes :
- configured ESA snappy module for Python 3.6 for interacting with ESA SNAP API that could be used in eg. jupyter netbook. You can just run python3 and then import snappy, more info here:
- snaphu package - a tool for phase unwrapping:
Your virtual machine has to be launched in project with EO DATA!
Some tools such as GIS may have access to data from EOData from the file system.
Usually the resource for EOData should be mounted automatically, but if not, please follow:
Go to System Tools → LXTerrminal:
Perform the following commands on the terminal:
sudo mount /eodata ls /eodata
You can find more information about mounting EOData resources here
Using the "ls" command you can check the EOData resource has been mounted.
3. GIS example
On the example of GIS, the user may have access to data from EOData from the program level.
Using the Finder you can find the product you are interested in. You can check how to search for a product using the Finder here.
In the Browser panel you can go to a specific product from EOData.
4. ESA SNAP software could be found here under Other→ SNAP Desktop: